G2 Radios presents The Waterford Speedbowl Message Board

Only The Shadow Knows
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bud Blastoff
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:32 pm 

I wonder how many cars either left or never came down because of the weather. I know Wayne Helliwell was here yesterday, was going to race but packed up and left because of the rain. The sk's had I think at least 3 cars that had problems and didn't race in the heats. David Webb blew a motor I heard, not sure what happened to Justin Gaydosh. Gregg Hurley had transmission issues. I was surprised that Frank M., Wendell and Presell weren't there. Also I don't see Christina in the ministock lineup.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Bud Blastoff
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:52 pm 

Wayne Helliwell is a big baby. If a little rain is going to scare you off then good riddance. I don't think David Webb will race Sunday unless he can replace his motor. Frank M. was at the track Friday. He said he needed funding and will race later on in the season. Same goes to Wendell I suppose. And I talked to Presell in the pits Today. He was working on Monahan's Mod. He said his SK should be back June or July.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:33 pm 

I wouldnt call a competiter a baby for not wanting to play the rain game, not even knowing when the rain date would have been if i got rained out. Thats a bit harsh IMO.
I almost skipped the weekend but am glad i went, was a lil chilly but a good day, had a good time and was a good show. Was nice to be back The track

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:23 am 

Hey Paul, I've seen Wayne Helliwell run a super mod at lee and the ACT tour, he is by far not a baby. he just saw an opprotunity to wreck his car and didnt want to on a slippery track, i dont blame him one bit for leaving.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:28 am 

Oh and second of all, you're a mod guy why do you even care about the LM? Everyone says they put on a boring race. Too bad I miss the weekend all the rain and waiting sounded like fun.

Profile E-mail