G2 Radios presents The Waterford Speedbowl Message Board

Only The Shadow Knows
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bowl's ticket prices rise.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:22 pm 

you're assuming the entire increase has been passed to us... I'm not sure if that's true or not. But maybe $1 was passed to us and the track is picking up the rest.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:09 pm 

Warren wrote:
If the tax is 10% as it says in that article the admission price is going down 50 cents and you are paying $1.50 to the state.

yeah.

If the price was to stay the same the admission would go to $16.50

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:32 pm 

Get the season pass...I did for my son and I. Its the best value to watch the best SK and LM division in CT! Cant wait! 60 days!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:39 am 

Also have to remember that having the ticket sellers handle loose change is a total pain in the butt.

Realistically still a good value overall when you consider that a movie ticket is at least $7 (if you're lucky) for 1.5 hours of entertainment.

JMO.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:23 pm 

So... the admission price is going down 50 cents.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 pm 

Well you can disect the percentages any way you want,fact is last year was an extra bill outa wallet and this year is another extra bill outa wallet. Is it worth it? is it fair? Some nights it will be worth it and some nights it wont be,but that's racing. 1 week you will leave saying damn im glad im came and then next week you'll wish you brought your pillow or stayed home. Thats any track,any where. I still enjoy going to stafford more solely for the sk's,and its just so well maintained,but they have the backing which the bowl does not. The bowl is a great little race track and allthough im no longer a regular i got no beef paying an extra buck to get in when i wanna go. To me value is not how much you pay,but rather how you feel leaving the parking lot. If the races are good,and i have a good time it was worth it. All the struggles they have to endure im just glad there is still bowl to go to. Thompson? OMG they can kiss my butt, i will be at the 2 MRS races and thats it. Unless the cars come back which i seriously doubt. I think the best counts will be a stafford,with the bowl a close 2nd,with both giving fans a decent show. I do not have that much faith in thompson anymore.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:09 am 

I checked Stafford's Ticket Price for this year. For a regular event in 2011. It would cost you $15. This year they jump up $2.50. That is now $17.50 for a regular night. If it is true that the bowl confirm ticket price is $16 for a regular night. Then it would be the cheapest track to go to in Connecticut. If Thompson was $18 for a regular night I wonder what it would look like now. My calculator says. $19.80 Round that out you might as well put $20 down. :lol:

I don't plan on going to Stafford or Thompson this year. As long as the WMT is still on the Bowl schedule it's the only track for me. :lol: Tho I might go to New Hampshire in September to see the Sprint Cup.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:25 am 

Why would anyone in their right mind complain to the tickets being rounded up to the next dollar? A few years ago MA changed their sales tax on food and if any of you go to Seekonk I'm sure that you will never forget how long it took to buy food and drinks as the tax was added on!!! You should be complaining to your local Representatives and Senators in the CT Gen'l Assembly as well as the Governor!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:42 pm 

yea i could really care less about a buck either. Im more interested in what im paying it for. As i sit here on feb 5th. My reg track is Stafford, probly once,maybe twice a month go to the bowl. Thompson for MRS event and thats it. Basing off of last season,so i'll just wait and see what the 3 tracks have and adjust accordingly. Crazy as this one sounds but heck wish bowl ran thurs,so i could visit other sat tracks and only miss out on thompson which i wont b going to anyway.

Profile E-mail