G2 Radios presents The Waterford Speedbowl Message Board

Only The Shadow Knows
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bowl's ticket prices rise.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:18 pm 

I'm looking over the Waterford Speedbowl website and I'm looking over the scedule. And the regular Saturday show's and WnWW ticket price rise 1$. The ticket price is now 16$ and 8$. The big races ticket price are still TBA. And the time table is still TBA. Last year they changed from 14$ to 15$. And with in one year they add another dollar? What are your thoughts? Do you support this or are you against this? Share your thoughts and comment here.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Bowl's ticket prices rise.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:00 pm 

No one likes to see ticket prices rise,but looking at the bigger picture if you don't include the half dozen or so "special" events,you'll shell out about $20 more over the racing season. I am o.k. with it if it keeps the Bowl operating. Once you lose a track,you never get one back to replace it. Hopefully the pit fees will remain the same,but what ever it takes to keep 'er going.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

thats an interesting way to look at it. an extra $20 for the season is ok with me. I did buy the season pass in Nov when they were cheap.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:08 am 

Isn't there some new CT entertainment tax this year?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:19 am 

Yes, the 10% entertainment tax has been reinstated for auto racing, baseball (games at Dodd & Beehive), and I can't remember if there is anything else.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:28 am 

season pass is the way to go. they where real cheap in nov

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:55 pm 

I don't mind paying the 16$ to tell the truth. I look at it as an investment. An investment that will pay off when I get to see the WMT back at the Bowl. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:37 pm 

Paul Rose wrote:
I'm looking over the Waterford Speedbowl website and I'm looking over the scedule. And the regular Saturday show's and WnWW ticket price rise 1$. The ticket price is now 16$ and 8$. The big races ticket price are still TBA. And the time table is still TBA. Last year they changed from 14$ to 15$. And with in one year they add another dollar? What are your thoughts? Do you support this or are you against this? Share your thoughts and comment here.

Thankfully the Youth price for Saturday NWAAS racing is still a very affordable $5 - so I will be paying only the extra dollar this summer.

Waterford Speedbowl remains the best bang for your entertainment buck in southeastern Connecticut. Looking forward to another great season - 2 more months to go!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:41 pm 

I'm with turn1efencefan, I'm guessing this is all about CT state taxes. The Speedbowl (and other venues in the state) lost an exemption from admission taxes when the state issued a revised 2012 budget. Here's the article from The Day that I have in my archives when news broke during this past summer.

http://www.theday.com/article/20110708/ ... 5/1070/nws

I figured a hike in gate prices for 2012 was coming when I first read this, so it was no surprise when I saw this thread... and it definitely sucks, but $1 increase isn't too crazy. Not great, but not brutal. Ctbill was on it - about $20 over 6-month season. The schedule I saw was only thru the Wings N Wheels show in August, but assuming the Bud Nats and Finale are the only 2 big shows after that, I have a count of 17 regular shows bumped a $1, and 9 remaining big shows with admission TBD. I'm thinking those shows might have a larger increase, but I'm also hoping the BOD has some sponsorship things in the works that could lessen the increase passed on to us for those big shows... and that's why the admission is still listed at TBD. At least that's what I'm hopin :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:05 pm 

If the tax is 10% as it says in that article the admission price is going down 50 cents and you are paying $1.50 to the state.

Profile E-mail