G2 Radios presents The Waterford Speedbowl Message Board

Only The Shadow Knows
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: hot stove racing
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:38 pm 

DebL wrote:
Thanks, Steve & Shadow, for explaining what happened. It's too bad the fans don't have a way of knowing that, save for buying a scanner. It leaves a bad taste leaving the track after something like that thinking that a call was ignored and gotten away with. Maybe after the race something can be announced to the crowd so at least we know.

most of the fans would still bitch and moan about it because they'd think it was a BS excuse to get him out of a penalty.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

his crew clearly knew and were told, no bumper, no finish. they were asked if they were willing to take that risk if it wasnt there. they told the official asking it was there.

maybe Matt could find a way to listen or monitor our frequency and relay stuff like that? not sure if the fans can hear him during green flag sk's though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:01 pm 

shadow-13x wrote:
his crew clearly knew and were told, no bumper, no finish. they were asked if they were willing to take that risk if it wasnt there. they told the official asking it was there.

maybe Matt could find a way to listen or monitor our frequency and relay stuff like that? not sure if the fans can hear him during green flag sk's though.

yeah, you can't hear any of the commentators under green during pretty much any division.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:22 pm 

Not true Matt I can hear Matt Buckler in the Bandolero races. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:57 am 

You can hear Matt over the bandoleros cause they sound like they have riding lawn mowers on the track lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:50 am 

I was thinking maybe before they interview the top three at the line after the finish. I can't hear anything while the cars are running either.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:27 pm 

Speaking of bandoleros, from reading posts on the bowls facebook page there seems to have been a lot of controversy in the division. To the point of a few drivers possibly not coming back next season. That's the first I've heard about it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:54 pm 

Controversy in the bandoleros? Really...do tell

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:34 pm 

Paul Rose wrote:
Warren is right.
You all might want to refresh your minds and watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdwplXM6 ... ideo_title

The night Ron-U did not come back confused the heck out of me. I don't know why he got mad. But I can careless, If you don't want to drive at the bowl then don't have to. Caution came out Ron-U seen it slowed down, Rocco was just inches away from his bummer and did not slow down in time and Ron-U went around. If Rocco was put to the back then Ron-U would have been sent to the back as well. But they got to keep 2nd and 3rd. So how is that "tainted racing product."

I was being sarcastic there Paul. The yellow was called for long before, look at the video you posted. 9:21 in you can see the yellow flag waiving in the bottom corner of the screen. The whole mess still makes no sense. The flip flop on the call and the call was wrong. I'm thinking Yuhas and company was thinking the 57 should have been removed from the feature for intentional contact under the yellow, the contact was made quite some time after the yellow flag was waiving. That would have been a tough call but it could have gone either way. The answer as to why any call was made in the first place confused a lot of people.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:44 pm 

Steve520 wrote:
DebL wrote:
I've wondered about the call for the black flag for Keith Rocco at the end of the Bud Nats. They showed him the flag lap after lap. His number was even put up on the board and he never pulled off. Even got a seventh place finish.

I can clear this one up. I was over in the Mod pits when this happened. Keith had been lightly involved in an incident, pitted, and returned to the track. Someone called on the radio that his rear nerfbar was missing. He was then shown the black flag for that bar. The crew insisted it was there. It was hard to verify visually(black car, black bar, night time) by the officials or infield crew. While everyone was trying to sort it out, of course the flagman continues to show the black flag. The call was made that the track would not go yellow to confirm(why stop the race if it was a mistake), the black flag would be withdrawn, the 57 could continue, BUT, if at the conclusion(or during the next yellow) it was confirmed that he did not in fact have a nerf on that corner, he would be relegated to a last place finish. Guess what?, the bar was there and hooked up. Done deal and a 7th place.

:lol: So many people were confused on what just happened.

The reason for the black flag was a safety concern.
They cut a deal on a black flag. Something we are told we can't do.
They threw the safety concern out the window and allowed the race to go on.

If the officials are not 100% sure on the call they are making to black flag someone, they should hold the flag until they are. It stops all this type of confused fans and teams.

We are told calls are judgement calls and final.

Sometimes the answers are worse then the problems. This type of stuff need to be cleaned up.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next