G2 Radios presents The Waterford Speedbowl Message Board

Only The Shadow Knows
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: hot stove racing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:51 pm 
Site Admin

oilinsteadofblood wrote:
In my opinion....I think he needs to get more consistant with his calls...i know its tough blah blah but there were alot of "what the hell? Why?" Moments that were pretty black and white. Was this nice and cotton candy nice for everyone? Just want to know :)

just curious, what call or calls are you referring to?
it's easy to generalize, care to back it up with some facts?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:11 pm 

I've wondered about the call for the black flag for Keith Rocco at the end of the Bud Nats. They showed him the flag lap after lap. His number was even put up on the board and he never pulled off. Even got a seventh place finish.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:48 am 

Well i still say the call that sent Ronny U and the #4 team packing was wrong,bad,b/s whatever you wanna call it. Still dont know what was said while he was parked at the turn 3 gate,but he loaded up and never came back. i felt then and still feel both cars should have went to the back on that one. Cant speak much after that as i only went to very few shows after that night. Next year will be alot different,with now no ronny or rocco. Sat is a good night for racing but in a way it sucks cause none on the mod drivers can run regularly due the tour and mrs running alot of sat shows. I enjoyed alot of good racing this year and hope you all did as well. I heard Joey gada will running stafford full time next year,that will be strange if there is no gadas at the bowl. Thats not fact obviously but just something i have heard threw the grape vine. Good luck to him if he does jump ship.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:31 am 

Luvthemods is right. The moment when yuhas got screwed was the tipping point that was cemented in the minds of alot of people that favorites will always get the call no matter whos getting the shaft and you can never be 100% fair when you have that many conflicts as a race director (ie spotting for others etc) and why the stands were hurting for people this year because they dont want to see a tainted racing product.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:12 am 

You guys do know the caution was out way before that contact, right? It makes that call "legit" since the caution was out for something else. It doesn't help the fact that the contact was made quite a long time after the yellow was out and there is also a rule about that that a few cars got parked for throughout the year.

The whole call, which was wrong, was too fast I guess. The call as it was made should have sent both to the rear or should have parked one of them. Then they all lined up as they were and raced. So many people in the stands just threw their hands up and said the heck with this place over that one call.

I think one big improvement to the racing is to make that sign at the bottom of Scott's tower really mean something. Race directors of the past had a rule that once the features started, leave me alone. If a guy in another division has a problem he should wait until the end of the night to approach the race director. Under the flag stand, out at the picnic tables, at the handicappers tower, where ever. A driver talking to the race director while another divisions feature is running is disrespectful to that division. I understand Scott, he's not the type of guy that's just gonna blow him off even though that might be the best thing to do.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:05 pm 

Warren is right.
You all might want to refresh your minds and watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdwplXM6 ... ideo_title

The night Ron-U did not come back confused the heck out of me. I don't know why he got mad. But I can careless, If you don't want to drive at the bowl then don't have to. Caution came out Ron-U seen it slowed down, Rocco was just inches away from his bummer and did not slow down in time and Ron-U went around. If Rocco was put to the back then Ron-U would have been sent to the back as well. But they got to keep 2nd and 3rd. So how is that "tainted racing product."

Ware is this news that Rocco is not coming back? Last time I heard and seem he still does not have a full time ride in MWT or VMRS. Even if he does gets a part time ride in either one. I don't think he is giving up on the bowl.

I talked to Ryan Preece at the bowl final. I asked if he is going to compete here next year. And he said if he can get the ride even if it is a part time ride he will race at the bowl.

This is what I hear from the Gada camp. Joey is going to race full time at Stafford for the rookie of the year in the 36. And if I'm right race the number 3 at the bowl. Adam is also staying at the bowl with the 17. That is what I was told at the final.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:13 am 

But what about when Cervolo was on fire and getting ready to pass rocco going into turn 1 then rocco turned down on him then he got sent to the rear for rough riding...please the 57 spun himself out todd held his line.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:01 pm 

DebL wrote:
I've wondered about the call for the black flag for Keith Rocco at the end of the Bud Nats. They showed him the flag lap after lap. His number was even put up on the board and he never pulled off. Even got a seventh place finish.

I can clear this one up. I was over in the Mod pits when this happened. Keith had been lightly involved in an incident, pitted, and returned to the track. Someone called on the radio that his rear nerfbar was missing. He was then shown the black flag for that bar. The crew insisted it was there. It was hard to verify visually(black car, black bar, night time) by the officials or infield crew. While everyone was trying to sort it out, of course the flagman continues to show the black flag. The call was made that the track would not go yellow to confirm(why stop the race if it was a mistake), the black flag would be withdrawn, the 57 could continue, BUT, if at the conclusion(or during the next yellow) it was confirmed that he did not in fact have a nerf on that corner, he would be relegated to a last place finish. Guess what?, the bar was there and hooked up. Done deal and a 7th place.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:21 pm 
Site Admin

what Steve posted is correct. his crew was told if it's not there, last place points and money after the race.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:04 pm 

Thanks, Steve & Shadow, for explaining what happened. It's too bad the fans don't have a way of knowing that, save for buying a scanner. It leaves a bad taste leaving the track after something like that thinking that a call was ignored and gotten away with. Maybe after the race something can be announced to the crowd so at least we know.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next