G2 Radios presents The Waterford Speedbowl Message Board

Only The Shadow Knows
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: saturday night of racing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:16 am 

Yeah the 3rd fastest. Great. LC should be the last race do to all the cautions they have.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:21 pm 

highrollerdragster wrote:
Yeah the 3rd fastest. Great. LC should be the last race do to all the cautions they have.

I think they should be first. Just get it out of the way. Love them or hate them. The LC are here to stay.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:50 pm 

They weren't always like that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:26 pm 

Matt wrote:

your right matt. they werent always like that. just until the bowl lowered the age limit. Not to say there not good drivers, but there on a high speed track for those little cars with kids driving them. they used to be cool to watch. but now it's "that" race that i dont care to watch. At all.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:12 pm 

felt like sticking my 2 cents in here. wasnt there sat because i chose to go to the fall final instead....great show. ledgends belong on wednesday,or give them a time limit and actualy enforce it. the divison is one of the reasons i stoped going to the bowl. just cant watch them. while it did feel wierd not being at the bowl every week for the first time in many many years,i had a fantastic season of racing during my sat night travels. will see what next year brings but im seekonk bound this weekend. I like the line up better with them having the MRS boys in town. cant bare another rocco runaway. then again he is allready the champ so who knows maybe he show up at the konk with his mrs car......lol now that would be interesting.

hope you all enjoy the finale and be safe.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:53 pm 

Hoosier Daddy101 wrote:
Matt wrote:

your right matt. they werent always like that. just until the bowl lowered the age limit. Not to say there not good drivers, but there on a high speed track for those little cars with kids driving them. they used to be cool to watch. but now it's "that" race that i dont care to watch. At all.

i'm pretty sure the age limit was 13 from the get go.

just over the past year or so it became a wreckfest.

not to be biased but when you had the bakaj's, palmer, jeff paul, vin esposito, max zachem, ryan morgan. etc, the races were much cleaner.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:09 pm 

I propose the following changes for the Legends:
-Instate a "3 major cautions and you're out" rule (ie whole division is parked). How many times have you seen the legend cars have 10 laps to go and it takes them 45 minutes to finish. Thats BS and shouldnt be allowed.
-To run saturday night feature, you must be at least 15-16 years old. Its a maturity thing sorry. Reason: Parents that think little Johnny can climb into a LM or even worse an SK before they have their drivers permit should have there head examined...they won't let their "Kyle Busch prodigy" kid back their Volvo stationwagon out of the garage...but its ok for Johnny drive 85mph+ on a true 2 groove track for 20+ laps? It doesn't make sense and a waste of money.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:56 am 

That is one of the reasons we left the Legends division. Too many young kids who did not respect others equipment. I know every division has a couple who dont care about equipment, but it was starting to get out of hand.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:18 am 

I hate watching the legends. I rather chew on tin foil and stare at the sun for 8 hours and go blind then watch them...they drive with absolutely no respect for anyone....most of them just throw money at their screw ups arent learning to "drive" with respect.

Profile E-mail