G2 Radios presents The Waterford Speedbowl Message Board

Only The Shadow Knows
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 21 down 2 to go.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:25 pm 

I have to say. The weather man is 75% wrong all the time. Sunny skies and clouds all day/night long. It was low numbers of people at the bowl, but a high number of cars, And that is what the peeps haves been craving for. I'm also going to have to say 25% of the people that would have come to the bowl went up to New Hampshire for the WMT, ACT and NCWT event.

Speaking about the WMT race. When will NASCAR wake up and show more WMT TV show races. It's the only division that does not show a Sprint Cup driver racing in the series and dominate 90% of the races. Wait, nope sorry I forgot cheating hands Newman. He still counts himself a Mod driver? The way he is going in the Sprint Cup standing he might want to focus more on the Cup then stealing a small guys purse. But he over heated the Mod in the race. I guess using an old Sprint Cup engine can blow up in your own face twice.

That rant was just for my friend Hoosier Daddy. :lol: :P

Back on topic. The NEMA guys put on a good show. But when you see two guys flip over twice you know it's going to be a long night. I'm surprised everyone walked away all night long unharmed and no broken hands. Forbid if someone did break a hand they would be calling out the referees. Oops I mean officials. :lol:

Russ Stoehr won the NEMA race and Anthony Nocella won the NEMA Light race.

You know even if it does take 30 minutes to get 12 SKL to go 20 laps. It's still more entertaining then watching the Trucks. Hey Truck guys I still love you and your a good division but I'm a Mod lover. Hearing a mod roar around the bowl is one of the best sounds you will ever hear in your life. Christopher Correll won the race. witch leaves Paul French to defend his point lead at the finale.

The Street Stocks was all kinds of crazy. If you were not Spinning out you were crashing. After almost an hour of racing Al Stone took the win. Now a lot of people have been crying and complaining of how the division has turned out since the numbers have gotten back up into the 20's. And you know what I say as a race fan? GOOD! I hate seeing one of the 4 popular divisions at the bowl having to struggle to get 10 cars to even show up. I'm loving this all the way. Sure some people are doing some stupid moves. But now you got some competition that was lacking in numbers. The Street Stock guys had it easy this year. Now they have to work 2 times harder. And it just makes watching the race 2 times more fun.

I talked to one of "Speedbowl Paul's" Companions as I was heading to the bathroom. I told him in my own god honest truth words. "I bet the Mini Stocks will go Green to Checker." And by god it did. They went Green, White, Checker. (Matt's favorite saying :lol: ) The battle for first was stunningly, hypnotisingly, fantastically grate. Charles Canfield held off a hard charging Glen Colvin for the win. Charles had a ruff season this year. It was good to see him come out this year with a win.

Now the SK Mods had a good number of Mods this week. 24 started. And none of them had the help of the SKL. Glenn Pressel was on his way to a possible 3rd win this year when Nichole Morgillo gave a bit of a hard tap to Glenn's bumper. Speaking about Nichole she is a hard racer and takes nothing from no one. But she has to cool down and race the race not race the officials. Joe Perry had a hard night. He did not look happy after the race. But I told him to look at the bright side. "You may not had your best run tonight. But your car will go home in one piece. The Motor did not blow up, you did not crash the Mod, or did you get hurt. I think that's a grate night." Sometimes you just have to be a cheerleader to the drivers when they are not having a good night. Just one smile can change your night. Tyler Chadwick did all he could to take the win away from Keith Rocco. "But if your name is not Todd you wont take it away from this this week." :lol: And yes I stole that quote. The race was long and it had it share of spins bumps and crashes but it was a good race. But the night did not end without controversy in the pits.

All in all it was a good night. Let's hope the weather man can bring sunny skies this Saturday.

Also in Sid's videos is it just me or am I going bald? Yup I'm going bald. D***it all to heck I'm going bald! This is why hats were invented. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 21 down 2 to go.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:58 pm 

We should all be thankful that Waterford doesn't cancel in the morning like Thompson always does. If that were the case the speedbowl would of had probably at least five more rain outs this year.... even though the rain never came. I can't believe the season is about over already. It's gonna be another long winter. One change I just read about is Al Stone is moving up to sk's next season. I wonder if anyone else is planning on moving up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:32 am 

I agree with the last poster!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:12 am 

Im getting sick and tired of working on my car....I want to race..not play bumper cars so when people on this forum come out and say "I love wreaks 'cause thats racing" u dont know jack and I'll send you the bills to fix my car if you like bumper cat racing that much.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:19 am 

what car is yours?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:39 pm 

oilinsteadofblood wrote:
Im getting sick and tired of working on my car....I want to race..not play bumper cars so when people on this forum come out and say "I love wreaks 'cause thats racing" u dont know jack and I'll send you the bills to fix my car if you like bumper cat racing that much.

This.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:16 pm 

Who was it complaining that the few sk lights that ran the sk features throughout the year were added on just so that Rocco could get maximum points for the national title. I'm pretty sure the ones out there this past weekend weren't helping him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:15 am 

Yeah there was complaining due to the fact in the rule book at the time sk lites couldnt run with us. But when itwas convenient for them when the car counts went down they change the rule middle of the season.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:59 pm 

Of course they didn't help him this weekend as the National points are already complete. Wonder why more SKL guys didn't enter the SK feature? Looks like it would be an easy money (start and park) since they are already there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:19 pm 
Site Admin

most were destroyed from their own feature. at least the ones who usually run both.

Profile E-mail