G2 Radios presents The Waterford Speedbowl Message Board

Only The Shadow Knows
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: last night races
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:25 pm 

Wow.. with only a couple of races left...things are really getting interesting at the olde bowl. The legend..like always in my opinion were a disappointment....the minis were pretty good race congrats to phil evans. The SK race was very exciting...in my opinion from turn 1... todd held his line and rocco came down. The late mods were really cool to see...congrats to big country....everyone last night were hauling the mail! What was the deal with bruce's tire...i guess bruce's car isnt a top car anymore due to parts falling off and the up and coming drivers like big country flanery staszowski and plamer. But the biggest downer was the street stocks....what the hell was that display....they need to smarten up before they turn into a older version of the lengend cars. Congrats to chris meyers.

Post subject: Re: last night races
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:19 pm 

Wow, looked like one of the best sk races of the year. I wasn't able to make it last night. What happened in the ss race?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:24 pm 

Too many cautions...it was so bad that they went single file restart

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:41 pm 

Yeah, I think it's cool to see a full field of ss cars out there again. It's been awhile. But with more cars your gonna get more wrecks and cautions. So there's only a few more races left this year. Should be interesting to see how many will run a full season next year. Did anybody hear Moran last weekend in victory lane at Thompson? He seems to be very happy that Shawn isn't racing up there anymore. They went green to checkered I think. But to me that was one of the more boring races. So I don't mind those Thompson cars coming down to the bowl and mixing it up a little bit.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:07 pm 

First time back at bowl since whatever night it was tv ran his red 13. But basically ledgends are still a joke, minis were ok,sk race was good and ss was fun. I like that the Thompson boys are comin out to play. Didn't watch late models. Had had enough by time they rolled out. May go back next week...undecided but was a fun night

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:30 pm 
Site Admin

the RF hub broke on the 35 LM. no parts fell off.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:38 pm 

It was a good night. I will take the LC any day over the BL. The MS race was good. The X-Car race was good. The SS guys are hitting hard ground now. Most of the year they have been pledged with 10 to 12 cars per a week. Now that 20 of them are showing up their is less room on the track and no one wants to give it up. That's what I love to see. The LM race was interesting. The SK race was good as well. Kid Roc was moving up the track and when he tried to turn down and cut off Todd. Todd had a foot inside and Keith turned into the wall. Just a racing accident. All in all it was a good night. A bit to long but it was good.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:34 pm 

I wonder why Gaydosh isn't running the 94 anymore?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:27 pm 

I don't know the full story but what the nice lady wearing a Mark Bakaj shirt on the stands told me that that Frank Roc crashed Mark's Mod at Stafford. And a deal fell threw that Mark would drive the #94 car. I don't know the full story but that's the scoop I know.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:28 pm 

Todd had the inside groove (and he was a rocket too..just saying) and Rocco just came down.

Profile E-mail