G2 Radios presents The Waterford Speedbowl Message Board

Only The Shadow Knows
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Keith Rocco in the #3 tour car
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:30 am 

I hope he does well but I just don't see it as a good fit between that team and himself. And it looks like he'll be missing two races at the bowl. The day of the Manadnock race and Riverhead. So unless the bowl gets rained out on one of those nights it looks like we could see a new track champion at the bowl this year. I don't see how he could race both tracks on those nights. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Keith Rocco in the #3 tour car
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:00 pm 

Ole blue is one of the most established and premium teams on the tour that has struggled as of late. Rocco brings funding,resources and not to mention go to front driving skills. I think this will be a good fit,allthough may seem a bit out of place at first. I wont say they gonna win big out of the box,but they will be fast. Im sure they are well stocked with front clips....haha Good luck to keith,we all knew he would get to the tour,only ? was when and what car. Now we know.

As for the bowl all the info i have heard was he not going to be a bowl regular this year anyway,so thats a mute point. This may be a good/bad for the bowl. Tc running riverhead so there will be no surprise visits from him exept perhaps opening day. And with rocco only running part time it could help the competion level,unless of course someone else shows up in a big money ride. No rocco will hurt attendance but flip side is that maybe closer competition with less runaway wins will help attendance. I have the utmost respect for all bowl drivers,but lets face the facts,nobody could run with the 57 car,and barring he had trouble it was just a weekly race for 2nd. I say 57 car rather than Keith because i feel if Jeff Pearl or any other compitent driver would obtain the same results if wheeling the 57. Keith is good,but the car is superior. JP has always had a well built car,and good funding since cliff nelson signed on with him. He knows the track like back of his hand and still couldnt keep up. It is just real hard to compete against a car that has a fresh motor every week. JMO and will see how things play out. My pre-season pick for SK champ is #71 "JP" Jeff Pearl. Go get em Jeff

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:37 pm 
Site Admin

I spoke to Woody Pitkat a week ago and he is trying to get the 00 Thompson car to run more at Waterford. He wants to do it, up to the owners.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:43 pm 

Keith has said he was running full time at the bowl and Stafford. Shawn C. reported the same thing in his blog. Limited shedule at Thompson. Obviously the WMT will take priority. I realize the 3 is a good car with a good crew. And Matt Hirshman is a good driver also. Maybe Keith will bring more sponsorship with him.

Profile E-mail