G2 Radios presents The Waterford Speedbowl Message Board

Only The Shadow Knows
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: penalty notices?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:29 am 

So I guess the "overall higher authority" haven't listened to the masses and out cry for transparency when a penalty or a call is "skewed" in a certain way before, during and/or after a race..this would be to help the average race fan like me understand why you do the thinks you do.....but this idea will go the way of the "online mobile coupon" that reads "check back later"....its only said that the last 2 years.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: penalty notices?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:20 pm 

Have you contacted Scott Tapley directly with your concern? He's usually accessible via email.

While it's nice that Stafford posts penalty notices on their web site, I think they are the rare exception. I've never seen it done at other tracks I've frequented.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

oilinsteadofblood wrote:
So I guess the "overall higher authority" haven't listened to the masses and out cry for transparency when a penalty or a call is "skewed" in a certain way before, during and/or after a race..this would be to help the average race fan like me understand why you do the thinks you do.....but this idea will go the way of the "online mobile coupon" that reads "check back later"....its only said that the last 2 years.

if you want to know what penalties are handed out, pick up a scanner and monitor the track frequency.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:55 pm 

Hey I know this guy that will even sell you a scanner at a good price. :D :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:26 pm 

shadow-13x wrote:
oilinsteadofblood wrote:

if you want to know what penalties are handed out, pick up a scanner and monitor the track frequency.

That's not really what he was and is still asking.

Everyone knows what goes on the scanner might not be what happens anyway. :lol:

Stafford posting them is great. They also have the right idea with some penalties carrying over to the next week also.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:15 pm 

Stafford will penalize anyone at anytime which is perfect...you mess up...you get the hammer...but really how do I know who is penalized at waterford ...oh a scanner..thats perfect for after the race when the next race is going on... no one is above the rules ...ever...unless your track has a RT 85 address. I should have listened to my dad never bought that mod...things at the 'bowl will never change.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:56 pm 

If you're DQ'ed at the 'bowl, it's in the Vault Report for the rest of the year in the results matrix for each division :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:25 pm 

Just do what I did and stop going. Opinions are just that and are not right or wrong but how one feels. I got to the point where I simply did not like what was goin on at the bowl and wasn't enjoying myself. Been sayin the bowl will never change for what 30 years now? If u don't like then don't go. If you choose to gi don't complain about what you know what change anyway. I had a blast at stafford this year and am glad I made the change.

Profile E-mail