G2 Radios presents The Waterford Speedbowl Message Board

Only The Shadow Knows
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Not even Irene can stop the Thunder.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:16 am 

It was one of the most look forward to events of the year. Next to WnW and the 300. It delivered with what it promised. I'm not going to make a big page about the weekend but I will highlight a few key things I can remember and heard.

Let me ask one thing. What happened to the X-Cars and SX-Cars? They were missed on the schedule. Sure it might have made the night longer but with no heats and a short race time start they could have gotten it in.

The BL division has started to bring in the numbers. It's to bad they go single file after 2 laps. I like them I honestly do. I'm even thinking how I could get my nephew into the division. That's still a few year away. But I still think they should stay on Wednesday, in till they can reach the numbers as it's big brothers series. The LC of plus 18 per week.

The LC put on a fantastic show this week. It was not a crash fest, so it came down to the finish. Paul Kusheba did all he could to hold off Dana DiMatteo. It was a grate finish. It looks like the broken arm is not hurting Dana at all. But it looks like it's helping him. :lol:

The Allison Legacy guys have been struggling this year. It's to bad, when they get a big number of cars. The race is always entertaining. And one of the best things to watch.

The SKL were down this week. Not surprising to see with all the crashing they have done so far. I heard that Paul French had motor problems so he did not run in the 150. David Webb won the event. Did I hear wrong, bid he say he is from North Carolina? That's a long fly just to race in 1 event. Heck if you have the money right? A side note after the 150, A crew member from some team was talking to Gino after the race. (sorry I forgot what team it was.) He was complaining that the SKL should not race in the SK event. I on the other hand think they should. But something that he said made sense. They should not get points in the SK feature. Something like the top three levels of NASCAR do.

SKL drivers get points and money in the SKL race. And if they race in the SK race they get no points but money. It would be fair to teams that do race in the SK division full time. And this idea is a thing to look into for next year. I'm not saying don't giving them points for the National Points. Just the speedbowl points.

Who said you can't teach old dogs new tricks. Nick Pappacoda came off with his second win this year. If he keeps this momentum up then next year he could be a threat to the championship.

What do you get when you have 4 guys that really want a win? And would drive sideways and drive on the wall to get a Win? You get Ed Puleo passing and holding off. Josh Galvin, Al Stone and Chris Meyer for the fantastic finish. Is it me or has all the finish that night been really good. The numbers were up for the SS guys. And with the addition of the Monahan gang :lol: the competition just got tougher. Oh and whatever you do. Do not, I mean do not get Steve Barret's wife mad. :? I know I'm going to be watching my back this week. :lol: I hate slugs. :P

Well it's time for the SK 150. The big bang. The big cheese. And with big name drivers in the house it sure will be a finish to talk about. The first 100 some odd laps went quite fast. Most of the cautions were for spin outs. It was really nice to see Todd Ceravolo back at the bowl. He had that win hands down. In till a miscalculation about fuel cost him the win. I hope he returns back to the bowl soon. Frank Mucciacciaro Jr got in a bad crash. What I hear from one of the crew is that they will be MIA for some time. Poor Tyler Chadwick he get's the Orange 27 back and the motor dies on him. It was nice to see Shawn Solomito back but his sprint did not last long. The race was long and it was a lot of fun. They had a lot of crashes leading up after Todd gas blunder. I do not suspect to see a high number of SK's this Saturday.

The last 25 Laps were green only. And that was really cool of the bowl to do that for the fans that came out to see the race. I swear they had to do more then 200 laps that night counting in cautions. But at the end it came do to invading Woody Pitkat. It was nice to see him win. I really do hope he comes to the bowl more often. 2nd was MR. TC He gave one heck of a show. And 3rd place just like last year MR. Diego Monahan.

All in all it was a good night. The night was long but it got over before 11. Talking to everyone after the race was fun. Watching everything that night was fun. See you all this Saturday!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Not even Irene can stop the Thunder.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

Webb is originally from CT, move to Tenn, near Nashville.

Profile E-mail