G2 Radios presents The Waterford Speedbowl Message Board

Only The Shadow Knows
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:33 pm 

Any word on any speedbowl non regulars coming?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:05 pm 

No ISMA or MRS this week and with no ride as of what I hear so far in the WMT. TC could show up.

I would not be surprised to see some Stafford reg trying to make a start. Ryan Preece and Frank Ruocco.

And some part time drivers could make a start. Matt Gallo, Mark Bakaj, Shawn Monahan, Justin Gaydosh and Tucker Reynolds Jr.

It all comes down with the big name drivers in the WMT if anyone wants to travel up north to Canada or come down to the bowl.

The names I spoke of I have no clue if they will race but I'm sure if the SK mods can not get over 20 the SKL will fill up the track. ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

just read this...

Quote:
eNVy Motorsports is happy to announce that we are hoping to be back this weekend for Thunder on the Sound - Featuring the 150 lap Budwiser Modified Nationals with former #25 driver Shawn Solomito!

looks like the 25 will be back

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:42 pm 

shadow-13x wrote:
just read this...

Quote:
eNVy Motorsports is happy to announce that we are hoping to be back this weekend for Thunder on the Sound - Featuring the 150 lap Budwiser Modified Nationals with former #25 driver Shawn Solomito!

How did it go? Reed-Curioso-Solomito-Renolds-Solomito. It's cool he's coming back but I think his best season was the first when he ran his own 00 or was it a different #. Nothing against the 25 crew but the car just doesn't seem to run up front.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:34 pm 

turn1fencefan wrote:
shadow-13x wrote:
just read this...

Quote:

How did it go? Reed-Curioso-Solomito-Renolds-Solomito. It's cool he's coming back but I think his best season was the first when he ran his own 00 or was it a different #. Nothing against the 25 crew but the car just doesn't seem to run up front.

turn1fencefan just a few extra things to add to your above post. Ed Reed drove the #25 mostly at Monadnock Speedway, he only drove it at Waterford a half a dozen times at best and ran in the top 5 when he did so unless you attended Monadnock regularly it would be hard to judge. Joe Curioso made 3 starts in the car, pretty hard to form an opinion off of three starts. Shawn Solomito made five starts in it before having to give up the ride because of a work commitment, once again kinda hard to judge off five starts. Tucker Reynolds Jr made 25 starts for the team and scored 11 top 5's and 20 top 10's in those starts, not to shabby of an average and I think could be considered running up front.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:27 pm 

All things being equal, the #25 was rebuilt for the 2011 season. It was not the same car, it was much better. Tucker did a fine job, but I think this (2011 car) is a car capable of winning and has not yet.

Also, not definite that it will be there. The entry says they are hoping to make it. Last I heard, it was not ready. We shall see.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:19 am 

If anyone wanted to know who wont be at the bowl, here is the entry list for the Canada WMT race.

Todd Szegedy
Matt Hirschman
Bobby Santos
Ron Silk
Patrick Emerling
Ed Flemke, Jr.
Mike Stefanik
D.J. Kennington
Gary McDonald
Wade Cole
Eric Beers
Eric Berndt
Justin Bonsignore
Doug Coby
Eric Goodale
Ron Yuhas, Jr.
Cole Powell
James Civali
Rowan Pennink
Erick Rudolph
Jamie Tomaino

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:15 am 

Mike Stefanik isn't going to Canada...per Shawn's article.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:39 am 
Site Admin

oilinsteadofblood wrote:
Mike Stefanik isn't going to Canada...per Shawn's article.

though he might show up in a VMRS car #66?

sorry about all the press releases, I fell behind.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:32 pm 

Muffy wrote:
All things being equal, the #25 was rebuilt for the 2011 season. It was not the same car, it was much better. Tucker did a fine job, but I think this (2011 car) is a car capable of winning and has not yet.

Also, not definite that it will be there. The entry says they are hoping to make it. Last I heard, it was not ready. We shall see.

Another valid point Muff, the #25 teams first season they ran an older Troyer chassis that was destroyed in a wreck at Waterford. During the 09 and 2010 seasons they ran and older CD chassis. This season the #25 car is a brand new CD chassis with a brand new power plant under the hood as well.

On a side note: The #25 will definitely be there this Saturday.

Profile E-mail